Welcome back to all our families,
We have some wonderful news to share with you all. We have received during the holidays our notice of assessment and rating where we will be assessed against the National Quality Standards by the National Regulatory Authority. We are proud of the rating we currently hold and we are hoping to again receive the same rating. The teachers and educators are always working towards developing the best quality early education and care service that we can be for our community here in Engadine. We are looking forward to sharing what we do with our assessor.
A quick reminder for up and coming dates this term for your diary.
1) Our working bee is this Sunday 05th May starting at 9.00am. We still have a few jobs that need doing on our list in the foyer next to the Gumnut room door. If you can help out please pop your name on the list.
2) Photo money for school photos is now due and we would like to finalize this with FOTEK as soon as possible please. Please put your photo money in the fees box in the envelope provided in the back of the folder and return any unwanted photos to the office.
3) On Thursday 16th May we are having a visit from a very important little ambassador from the Food Bank. Alice is the youngest food ambassador in Australia and she will be coming to talk to the children about what she does and why she does it. Alice will be running a food drive prior to her visit so children and their families can donate items that are in required for people in need. There are posters in the foyer and a separate note will be sent out prior to the visit. If other families would like to help and their child does not attend on that day they can get involved by donating some food bank items too. We feel it’s important for the children to see that children can make a difference in the world and in their community.
4) The Family Fun Day is on Sunday 19th May, 2019 starting at 10.00am till 1.00pm. This is always a great day for everyone and we are really looking forward to this wonderful day of fun and getting to know everyone. If you have not already RSVP’d for the day please do so as soon as possible.
5) The new fees invoices will be sent out today for the next 5 weeks. If you do not receive your invoice please come and see Monika in the office so we can track what has happened in our system.
6) Aunty Wendy’s Mob show will be on Thursday 16th May at 10.00am for children that attend on Thursdays. A separate note will go out for this event.
7) Rangers on the Run show will be on Monday 3rd June for Monday children. Again a separate note will go out for this event. There will be another Rangers on the Run in October when we will have a butterfly hatch and grow program at the preschool.
8) The duck hatching program will arrive at preschool on Monday 24th June. It always a special time for the children as they watch the ducklings hatch and grow over a two week period.
9) Steps vision testing for children going to school in 2020 will be held on Tuesday 2nd and Thursday 4th July. If your child does not attend either of these days and they are eligible for the eyesight test please see your class teacher to arrange another suitable time to attend.
Staffing arrangement for this term; Stevka is taking a week’s Long Service Leave the first week of term. Rachael O’Brien will be covering her during this time. Rachel is one of our past permanent educators that comes back to do casual work from time to time to maintain continuity for the children. Eve will be taking Long Service Leave from June 20th till August 5th . During this time Helen will be the Director and Nominated Supervisor. Helen will be replaced in the classroom by Sharon Cassell. Sharon is also one of our regular casuals and has also worked at the service for many years. Helen will still be in the gumnut room on Fridays to work with the children and Sharon will be in the gumnut room on Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs. Megan will also be taking a week’s leave and will be replaced by Tess in the classroom. It is important to us that the children have continuity of casual staff so they always feel safe and secure whilst at preschool.